Well we have finally had a hard frost and some of the flies have died off. The weather has been fine, this is a lovely time of year with all the colours, a few less bugs and still nice and warm, Happy Autumn! Fall seems to be moving in quickly, this coming weekend is Thanksgiving already and Brooks is having it’s first annual Hound Dog Half race, There is still room if anyone is interested there is a 5K, 10K and 21k.
- Neal has been busy rebuilding fences and corrals around the ranch
- Pheasant season opens on the 15th of October
- Waterfowl season has been open for some time and there are lots of guys out there enjoying the season
- The birds are just starting to flock up on the lake, only a few snow geese so far
- Cows are leaving the ranch on the 26 of october
- The cattle are in the north pasture for the rest of the grazing season, watch out for them and please close any gate that you open, thanks
The summer was great, lets hope for a long open fall and mild winter with adequate moisture!