Well now that fall has settled in across the prairies we are enjoying a drop in bugs as well as leaves. The nights are cool but the days are lovely and warm, perfect temperature for working outside and very picturesque with the leaves changing colour and slowly drifting down with the breeze…all that is the beauty of fall. There is also the distant crack and booms of shotguns as the waterfowl hunters collect their fall bounties.
As far as official business around the Ranch this month we have:
- Pheasant season opens on the 15th and there will be pheasant releases on the Ranch is the same areas as the past couple of years…good luck to everyone!
- Neal is fixing the corrals and barn doors, getting ready for winter.
- The cow and calf pairs will be leaving October 29th.
- Cenovous is busy doing fall reclamation work on 4 different sites.
- Just another reminder to all who wander the Ranch to please leave gates as they find them…they are that way for a reason, though it may not be obvious at the time, Thank you.