Prairie Crocus, Anemone patens These beauties showed up a little late this spring as we usually see them in April
May was a wonderful month with lots of stuff going on…snow going out and cows coming in! The grass came in fast and everything caught up fast.
June has been wonderful, the cows and calves are healthy and happy, the bulls have come in and all seems well.
So this is what has happened on the Ranch lately:
- Neal and Kyla finished all the fencing around the Ranch in May.
- We have had the pivots up and running…but not with out repairs.
- This year we used a sea salt fertilizer on the pivots and we will see how well they work.
- Neal talked at the society of Range Management Summer Meeting out in Beechy, SK.
- Neal and Kyla will both be working at the Calgary Stampede’s Cattle Trail, Kyla will be there on July 9th and Neal on July 10th, be sure to stop by and say hi if you are out that way!
- The cows are out on the big native pastures now and loving it.
- The bulls are all out.
- The Society of Range Management International Mountain Section is having a summer tour on July 28th in Airdrie.
- Kyla is doing her range health assesments and ground truthing for the GIV.
That is about all that is new and exciting around the Ranch. We are all looking forward to school being out, no more lunches to pack and lots of riding to be done!
Shannon, Neal and the boys