This is a very weird blog, I have had some bad luck in that I lost all my photos and due to technical difficulties I have been unable to get onto the web page for updates! It looks like we are off and running now, so I will dig around and find some old photos and take new ones and I now know how important it is to backup photos, that is about five years I will never see again 😦
So what has happened around the Ranch in the last few months? Well lets do a little review.
- We hosted a tour for the Red Deer Watershed Authority
- The Lethbridge College came out for a day of Range Management
- The Foothills Restoration forum came out for a day tour
- The weather was super nasty for most of the month!
- The weather improved
- The cows went home October 20th
- Hunting season started, they had good weather and lots of success
- Neal attended the PCF board meeting in Lethbridge
- Neal spent a lot of time winterizing the Ranch and enjoying the lovely fall weather
- Started on next years budget and the year end report
- Took time off for Christmas
- Welcomed in the New Year
- Welcomed in some early lambs, our last years ram was named Houdini for a reason!
- Posted our 2019 summer student position. As we are done the GVI we will now be focusing our efforts on Wildlife Surveys
- Neal attended the PCF AGM in Okotoks and he is now the vice chair
- More budget work and the year end report work
- The weather was excellent for the first couple weeks and then turned cold and snowy and stayed that way!
- COLD! COLD! COLD!
- Have had several good applicants for the summer student position and we will be doing interviews in March
- Neal has been working on his summer grazing plan
- Happy Valentines everyone!
- We are getting lots of snow so that is great for spring moisture and lots of green green grass
Well that has been the last few months as we seen them. I will do some digging and update with photos if I can get some old ones and new ones
Shannon, Neal, Boyd and Reyd