So this seems a bit late but it is the second time that I am writing it! This is also the second time that I have had a post completely disappear from WordPress…not really impressed! But on with the good stuff, May and June were very dry, the Rodeo came and went with out a huge rain event and I’m not sure if that has ever happened before!
The cows came in on schedule and Neal only had to treat one calf. He did treat four bulls and sent one home. We used all of our tame grasses and all the native and hoped for rain every day. It’s a wonderful thing to have carry over grass in the spring to provide early summer and drought situations grazing, if not for that we would have been in trouble.
Here are the highlights of May and June:
- Our summer student Megan, started working with Multi Sar in the southern Alberta areas
- Cows came in on the 15th of May
- We had 293 pairs
- Neal attended a PCF meeting in Calgary on the 2nd of May
- The bulls came in on the 10th of May
- on June 26th Environment and Parks had the field portion of their contractor field training on the Ranch
Hope everyone had a great summer,
Shannon, Neal, Boyd and Reyd